|Warning Page Contains Spoilers
Please be advised that this page may contain spoilers for either the manga or the anime, consider yourself warned
|Manga Debut||Chapter 1|
|Anime Debut||Episode 1|
|Seiyū||Mutsumi Tamura (Japanese)|
Leah Clark (English)
Mariana Torres (Portuguese)
AppearanceKobayashi is a bespectacled young woman with bright red hair that is always tied in a ponytail and dead fish hazel brown eyes. She is known to be flat-chested, a physical trait which frustrates her to the point of grumbling over the female dragons' ample busts when they are in their human forms. In one of her drunken escapades, she demands that Tohru or Lucoa share some of their "blessing" with her.
Her office attire is a white button-up shirt, a tie, and dark slacks. During her off-duty hours, she puts on either a light blue button-up shirt, a hoodie, a yellow tee or a light-brown cardigan with a white shirt underneath.
Prior to meeting Tohru, Kobayashi would don a stoic expression on her face. Now, she is more approachable and open to others, often seen smiling contentedly.
Even though Kobayashi maintains a cool demeanor, she has been regarded as kind-hearted and reliable among her friends and colleagues. Level-headed and pragmatic, she stands as the source of reason when dealing with her dragon friends.
However, when she is intoxicated, Kobayashi has a tendency to become rowdy and aggressive, especially in her interests in maids and is not above subjecting Tohru to her drunken whims.
Very little has been mentions about Kobayashi's childhood, other than that both her parents worked so she never had both her parents come to her schools' sports festivals. That, and when she was in elementary school, she was always asking for burgers.
Initially, Kobayashi often chastised Tohru for her lack of propriety on human standards. However, as time passes by, she grows accustomed to Tohru's quirks and would sometimes show small signs of affection and gratitude for the dragon, such as holding Tohru's hand or going out of her way to fulfill some of Tohru's wishes to ease her troubles. When Tohru's father demanded that the dragon returns to their world, Kobayashi defended Tohru and risked her life for her.
As of Chapter 48, it is confirmed that Kobayashi has begun to return Tohru's feelings of a more romantic nature.
Kobayashi appears to care a great deal for Kanna, going so far as to work until midnight for an entire week to get a day off to go to her school's sports festival as her guardian. Kobayashi inadvertently becomes Kanna's mother figure, as seen when she looks over Kanna's studies and school activities and praises Kanna by either patting her head or spoiling her with treats and gifts.
Takiya is Kobayashi's male colleague and close friend. The two would often discuss their interests in maids and butlers over drinks, either at a local bar or Kobayashi's apartment. They are close enough to ask each other for help or favors on matters outside of work but still at a platonic level.
Quetzalcoatl and Kobayashi show minimal interest in each other, however, upon first meeting, it is apparent that Kobayashi is unintentionally rude to Quetzalcoatl, by calling her outfit "Slutty" and asking "What the hell" she is. However, they do become more open to conversation slightly further on.
Since Elma's introduction, she have became Kobayashi's colleague. Kobayashi seeks to help out Elma whenever she faces difficulties at work or otherwise and in return she shows gratitude in various ways.
Kobayashi looks after Shouta whenever her manager asks her to do so.
There is a general distrust whenever Fafnir is in question as Kobayashi perceives him as a dangerous figure, but if they only discuss regular matters, the two don't seem to mind each other's company.
- By coincidence or design, Kobayashi shares a name with Takeru Kobayashi, a real-world competitive eater.
- A recurring gag in the show is that she appears to experience chronic pain in her lower back.
- It is later revealed due to her terrible posture as she works.
- She "can't do" Hijiki or eggplant, suggesting either that she dislikes them or is allergic (likely the former).
- She enjoys a brand of alcohol known as Dragonslayer, a bottle of which she shared with Tohru when they met.
- By Tohru's own comments, Kobayashi is able to remove the Sword of God from the dragon, suggesting that she is not particularly faithful in a religious sense.
- She doesn't speak with or sees her family often, but she is on good terms with them.
- She can be a little mischievous, as seen when she manipulates Tohru's feelings for her to get her to clean more.
- She can be seen as a Kuudere.
- In Vol 5. Chapter 47: Tohru and Maid cafe, Kobayashi states that when she used to live with her parents, she worked at a restaurant. However, she becomes quite frightening when she tells Tohru about her experience with the service industry.
See page: Kobayashi/Gallery